Jackstand Johnny's 00' SV650N: The Re-build(Lost My Leg, Kept The Bike) - Page 3 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > The Build Board
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Build Board A place to post a journal or log of your SV / Gladius projects and builds. No replies or discussion are allowed.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #21
Jackstand Johnny

Bikes: 00' SV650 Streetfighter
Miles Kms: 16,xxxish?...I don't have gauges.
Re: Jackstand Johnny's 00' SV650N: The Re-build(Lost My Leg, Kept The Bike)

I pulled the rear shock and it doesnt look bent. Its hard to tell with the plastic inner shroud covering the piston but the spring looks straight. I guess Ill have to figure out a way to check for runout using the top and bottom mounts of the shock. Ill still be replacing the dogbones for the stock length because I need to lower the bike a tad anyways and I have no idea what else could be causing the spring to hit the swingarm.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #22
Jackstand Johnny

Hey everyone. My frame is broken. So Im not sure what this means for the build other than a huge setback. Either I can possibly have the rear shock knuckle mount welded back on and its safe to ride but it will set me back a little time and some money, or I have to acquire a new frame and start over from scratch which will be a huge setback and cost me a LOT of time. Either way, it really sucks but Im relieved that I found it now rather than have people wonder what happened at my funeral.

Basically I removed the rear shock and dropped the exhaust to clean the knuckle and replace the dogbones. The knuckle fell off and part of the frame went with it. My heart swiftly sunk into my junk sack. It was impossible to see because of the black powdercoating and how tightly the two pieces were pushed together. I was very confused as to how my rear shock could be bent when there was no damage at all structurally to the frame. Well...the rear shock didnt appear bent when I removed it but this definitely constitutes structural damage to the frame. This happened the same day I got some really good news about my Mom and some health problems Shes been having. Why is this worth mentioning? Because for me anytime something good happens, something bad is always right behind it. The "cosmos" or whatever has always been very obvious about how it balances my life out. So I am much happier knowing that the good news is about my Mom and the bad news is about my bike rather than the other way around. Ill take that kind of rub any day.

I have pictures but I havent felt like posting them. Its just a picture of a crappy thing. Who needs it right? Ill come back when Ive got pics of Christina Hendricks blowing bubbles at a litter of puppies or something. I will also say that MAd8vSkillz has been a great help to me and I highly recommend you buy your SV parts from Him if you have the chance. Hes a standup guy and I owe Him a lot. That is all for now. Stay tuned...
Old 04-24-2017, 01:35 AM   #23
Jackstand Johnny

Subframe was finished, jetpacks was yes. Its been a while since my last update but Ive been waiting for the stars to align so I could get my welder friend over here to finish the subframe. The frame is still dakaged but Im weighing my options first. For now, bask in the mighty glow that is...SUBFRAME!

So the new subframe is made of aluminum and as of right now it weighs maybe 1 lb. I am really hoping we got the seat angle right since the rear of the bike bike is kind of jacked up in the air right now. It felt so good to sit on my bike again after all this time. Itwould really suck to replace the frame at this point, especially since I just sold my engine crane hoist a couple months ago. Gonna have to go buy another one and its all a huge pita regardless, especially by myself with a...anyways thats all I got for now. Thanks for stopping by, stay tuned...

Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #24
Jackstand Johnny

For some reason I cant edit ANY of the posts in this thread. I wanted to edit my first post to add the link for my discussion thread. So Ill just do that here...where it wont make any sense to do so in a month...

https://www.svrider.com/forum/showthr...338&highlight=
Old 05-07-2017, 04:46 AM   #25
Jackstand Johnny

After wrapping my head around all of this it looks like Ill be tearing down my SV and starting over from scratch. I need to buy an engine crane hoist again since I just sold mine. The big thing is getting help. This is going to be much harder and much more dangerous for me to do it alone as opposed to most. Problem is I dont know anyone who has the time or want to give me a hand so Im gonna have to start making some new friends. Ive been researching and taking notes for hours now but no new pics or anything. Just wanted to touch base with yall and let you know whats up. Please post up in my discussion thread! Im gonna be looking for several parts like the 03/04 636 rear shock, longer throttle cables and brake lines, a cracked or kessed up GSX-R front fender that I can chop a bit...so if youve got anything please let me know! Thanks for reading as always. Stay tuned...
Old 05-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #26
Jackstand Johnny

Not much to report. Kinda waiting on buying a triple tree stand and I dont want to start really tearing into the bike just yet because I think Im going to create a vlog or something on Youtube basically documenting the whole thing. since I dont have a fancy caera I will be using my phone and a tablt to record video and Im waiting on a couple tripod mounts for those coming from China that I got off Fleabay. For now Ive been considering what changes I want to make to the bike this time around. Im thinking on a different headlight mainly. I was thinking about using a BMW 1150GS dual headlight but Ive always really liked the flat tracker/motocross number plate design that uses the stacked dual headlights. I doubt I will be riding at night anymore which means I could get away with using whatever cheap lights I want but on the other hand I dont want to get caught after sunset with poor lighting and be forced to ride home unsafe or just be stranded somewhere. So theres quiet a bit to consider there.

Im also not sure if I want to get the frame and swingarm powdercoated, have my buddy paint them or have my Brother Cerakote them using a non bake type of cerakote. It wouldnt be as reliable and might cost more than any of them. The powdercoatig will cost my $250 for the frame and swinger and Im not sure baout getting them painted. What I dont want is something that will get damaged easily because I am clumsy and cant have nice things. If or when I start doing the Youtube videos I will start posting them up here but Im probably going to monetize them so dont hate me if you see ads in my videos. If I do this Im gonna want to go all in and make it a whole...thing err...whatever. Ive got a body made for radio but my hope is that it will encourage people to not give up and all that good stuff. sorry Im usually better at this but I got a horrible nights sleep so my head motor is all dicked up.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #27
Jackstand Johnny

URPDATE: So I got the triple tree stand and it works great. Its made by Venom and sells on eBay for $64 shipped. I also started a Youtube vlog thing about this. I only have 1 video and theres not much going on with it(no real work being done in this one) but its more like an introduction thing if yall want to check it out. I might try to make a real go if it so Id actually really like it if yall checked it out and gave me your thoughts. I have a lot of ideas for the series but Im open to non dickish suggestions haha.

https://youtu.be/R_Vw1tNgO9Q
Old 07-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #28
Jackstand Johnny

Yep. Photobucket screwed us. Photobucket screwed us all. Now every single picture I have ever posted in any forum is being held for a monthly ransom by the douchebags at photobucket. Really puts a damper on things.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:21 PM   #29
Jackstand Johnny

Hi...it's been a while. I started rebuilding the bike...again. I got everything torn down and have started assembling everything onto the new frame. I was going to paint the frame and swingarm but I just dont feel like dealing with all of that and want to get this project moving so Im leaving it raw. A couple days ago I installed the GSX-R front end. I had to swap out the top bearing onto the new frame of course. Im also a bit confused and can't remember where this one thick washer goes in the assembly of the top triple tree. Today I refurbished the swingarm bushings and installed it onto the frame along with the chain. Didnt have to break the chain since the swingarm was coming off so thats a bonus. The engine will be going in next. I'd post pictures but I honestly dont want to deal with Photobucket. I see my most recent pics are up. Not sure whats going on there. Im sleepy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement