Clean and Simple II Virago - Page 47 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Main Category > Motorcycle Talk
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

Motorcycle Talk Our main message forum catering to the Suzuki SV and general motorcycle chatter.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:38 PM   #461
Knifemaker87

Bikes: White 'n Blue 2006 SV650S
Miles Kms: 7.5 k
Send a message via AIM to Knifemaker87
Re: Clean and Simple II Virago

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckrat View Post
I agree with Loco, drop an email to Leno's Garage...
That is a really good idea. You got a lead on how to get in touch with him? all i can find is the publications or reviews of his show. I would DIE to work for him and on those cars. a good garage needs a prototype machinist....
Knifemaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #462
locoblanco

Bikes: 2016 DL650A
Miles Kms: 15k miles and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker87 View Post
You got a lead on how to get in touch with him? .
he probably gets tons of fan mail, the trick is to word it so his "people" actually show it to him.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #463
r0ckrat
Greetings Program

Bikes: '06 SV650N
Miles Kms: >60k

You could try social media. Here's his page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jaylenosgarage/

And here's the Twitter feed for the show: https://twitter.com/LenosGarage

Finally, there's a few more social media links on the NBC page for the show: http://www.nbc.com/jay-lenos-garage

You could post a series of pics of the making of on instagram and tag his show, that might get his attention, and also post something on his FB page.
I didn't want to be THAT obvious. The man is dealing with his wife. Let it be her idea, dummy!
r0ckrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #464
jguns2002

Bikes: 2005 SV650 Nudey
Miles Kms: 10k

Quote:
the only issue with the shaft driveis that you are either stuck with the wheels that fit it 15" 535 wheel if you want anything other than the alloy wheels avalible on the virago... and even if you may your own wheel (yeahhh) you are still stuck with the megere clearance dictated by the shaft. so i think i maxed it out with a 140/90-16r

thank you sir! i would have to agree with you. Once bills are hanging on your hobby it can rob some of the fun out of it. but it certainly isnt something that i am ruling out.

Right now i am finalizing the custom title for it so it will be a 2014 model. but once that is finalized it will be going up for sale. I would like to get $8k for it. too high?

also... thought yall might like this

I'll give you $3000 and the knowledge that it's going to s good home!!!
jguns2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #465
RandyO
Site Supporter

Bikes: nekid red 99-135k 07VeeStrom1k- 70k

Quote:

well, if you are going to do something with one... get a tr1. the shaft drive was the bane of this build. i would have been done so much longer ago if i could have avoided having to deal with it.
If anyone is considering a similar build, I have a pair of XV920Rs one is complete, the other nearly complete

make an offer

some good ideas here and on Manfred's TR1 page

IBA#9560
A man with a gun is a citizen A man without a gun is a subject
RandyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #466
steveSLO
AARP Moderator

Bikes: '08 SV650N/abs
Miles Kms: 20,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoblanco View Post
he probably gets tons of fan mail, the trick is to word it so his "people" actually show it to him.
You could google his garage, find the name of his resident motorcycle enthusiast,
then send him "before and after" shots of past projects.

Then a link to this thread, and he'll be all "Jay, you gotta see this!"
Old 11-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #467
Knifemaker87

Bikes: White 'n Blue 2006 SV650S
Miles Kms: 7.5 k
Send a message via AIM to Knifemaker87

okay guys... here we go!

the bike is done, inspected and fully legal, so the obvious next thing to do would be to sell it right? Well, thats what i actuality have to do. so if you know anyone who wants it, spread the word, i am going to be putting it on on ebay to see if i get any interest. not really sure how to drum up interest too much but i gotta sell it.

so on to the gratuitous pictures... just for yall

and a little video. its about 25 degrees when the picture was taken and the bike wasnt warm hence the sluggishness
Knifemaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #468
sdg380

Let me be among the first, but most certainly not the last, to say JOB WELL DONE! You have really given all of us something to aspire to, skills-wise, really outstanding work. And thanks for going to all the trouble of keeping us posted, very entertaining!

Guess you know already that: you da man!
sdg380 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #469
r0ckrat
Greetings Program

Bikes: '06 SV650N
Miles Kms: >60k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg380 View Post
Let me be among the first, but most certainly not the last, to say JOB WELL DONE! You have really given all of us something to aspire to, skills-wise, really outstanding work. And thanks for going to all the trouble of keeping us posted, very entertaining!

Guess you know already that: you da man!
Ditto!

Let us know all the specs, and what you are asking for it, and I'll post it here in SoCal and on FB!
I didn't want to be THAT obvious. The man is dealing with his wife. Let it be her idea, dummy!
r0ckrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #470
Yarz

Bikes: 2006 SV1000S; 1975 Kawasaki KZ400; 2006 KX250

Beautiful!
Yarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement