MotoGP 2012 - The Official Thread - Page 95 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Main Category > Racing
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

Racing **POTENTIAL SPOILERS INSIDE** Discuss racing SV's - or talk about your favorite racers, from MotoGP to the local club circuit.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #941
helitack32f1

Bikes: 2000 sv650
Miles Kms: 12,000 miles
Re: MotoGP 2012 - The Official Thread

I'm not goo-goo over Stoner. Others impress me much more. Including Bautista.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #942
Boldor

Bikes: Katie-M Duke 690
Miles Kms: Ex-Courier

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Others impress me much more. Including Bautista.
I'm impressed by how neat his hair remains no matter what.
Boldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #943
ceptorman

Bikes: 1999 SV650 Racebike 02 RC51 Street
Miles Kms: 3500

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
I'm not goo-goo over Stoner
Me either. He is already finished for the year, it will be a Lorenzo/Pedrosa fight now. The current Yamaha is a better bike. Stoner may be the best rider on the planet, but not the best racer.
ceptorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #944
fafaforza

Bikes: '01 SV650, '05 CRF250X, '06 SV1000S
Miles Kms: 50000

God do I hate BBC coverage. That guy next to Parrish, always coughing up flem. Can't they get him a doctor or force him to stop smoking? Frigging disgusting fatass. Then they both pay lip service to any Brit, like Crutchlow, how he'd wipe the floor with Dovi if Stoner wasn't holding him up. STFU, quit your job and get Jamie Whitham in there.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #945
insideyou

first podium for my home boy Miguel Oliveira aka MIG44 @ MOTO3

Regards from Portugal,
BF
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #946
Boldor

Bikes: Katie-M Duke 690
Miles Kms: Ex-Courier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
Me either. He is already finished for the year, it will be a Lorenzo/Pedrosa fight now. The current Yamaha is a better bike. Stoner may be the best rider on the planet, but not the best racer.
I can't work out what Stoner is doing. There are problems there but I cannot determine whether it's Stoner's head or his bike or both. Pedrosa made him look like a twot last night. The Yammie is a better bike now - for sure - but not so much better that it should leave Stoner off the podium.

Stoner can fuggn race Ceptor, don't get any weird ideas about his inability to mess with the best. I should say "could race"; it seems his retirement is coming before the end of the season. It appears he couldn't give a ratsarse about anything except his skinny bride and the new rugrat.

And I fully understand why.

Look the decisions Dorna has made since the strokers ruled.

1. Go to four stroke.
2. Go to 800cc
3. Go to one tyre for all.
4. Add some lamearse bikes that "fill the grid".
5. Go back to 1000cc.
6. Rookies cannot ride factory bikes. (I now believe the reason for this is purely to protect factory riders that should've packed up and gone home years ago.)

Not one clever decision there. Most of them made racing more expensive and more boring to watch. Stoner has some excellent points.

He just hasn't delivered them well. But I doubt he gives a fcuk.

I noticed that Lorenzo is attempting to revive the trackside mini-dramas. This sport is rooted.
Boldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #947
PaPa-G
BANNED!!!

Bikes: 2003 Copper SVS, 2014 Grom, 2015 KTM RC390
Miles Kms: 20k and change.
Send a message via AIM to PaPa-G

Bummer about Spies, he was back to form finally then for some dang reason got over excited and seemed to attempt a pass prematurely. I thought he rushed it, and I'm not sure why. Regardless, he did come back from the back and get in 10th. If anything, something positive to help for future races.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #948
BKK Jack

Bikes: 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, White!
Miles Kms: 1 @ delivery, it's a start.

Speaking of positives for future races: It looks like I will be in London when the circus is at Silverstone. I very well might be in the crowd for it. Don't forget to look for me!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #949
Nichelob

Bikes: 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure, 06-SV650-Track, 08-KTM-450EXCr
Miles Kms: Not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
Bummer about Spies, he was back to form finally then for some dang reason got over excited and seemed to attempt a pass prematurely. I thought he rushed it, and I'm not sure why. Regardless, he did come back from the back and get in 10th. If anything, something positive to help for future races.
I agree, looked like he had podium pace to me. He said he locked the front up, had to let off which made him too hot to make the turn I guess. Said the handlebar was bent the rest of the way. I was watching the live timing and it appears he was consistently fastest in sector 1. Not so much in the other sectors.

Which leads me to wonder how much strategy is played in the settings. I'm sure they have to make sacrifices in some corners to fine tune others. Which leads me to wonder when they'll have dynamic settings based off track proximity/gps. Which leads me to wonder when they'll just ditch the rider and let the bike ride itself. Which leads me to wonder when they'll have a series that's just carbed 500cc 2-strokes with brakes and throttle?
Nichelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #950
PaPa-G
BANNED!!!

Bikes: 2003 Copper SVS, 2014 Grom, 2015 KTM RC390
Miles Kms: 20k and change.
Send a message via AIM to PaPa-G

They already have dynamic settings based off track proxmity and gps. At least I'm pretty sure, I remember in the last race (maybe) the announcers talking about how there was a problem with Haydens in one of the previous races. It was registering the wrong settings at the wrong corners or something.

And yeah, down with electronics.
Advertisement