Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

What did you do to your SV today

1M views 16K replies 2K participants last post by  street1212 
#1 ·
Just thought this would be a cool new topic. If there is already one in existence please let me know so I can delete this one, or a mod can do it. As for me I finished my under tail project and rode the crap out of it.

#8,997 ·
Rode the heck out of it yesterday, it was in the mid 60's here in western NY! Today it will be ALMOST 40, so I'll clean it a little.
A couple of months ago I bought this beautiful blue '07 naked bike. I wanted to do some of the little mods I read about on this site, but I already found out that previous owners have done most of the work. I looked it over and found out that Steve's TAP has been installed, the TPS is done, Hotbodies fender eliminator, full Yoshi exhaust, a GSXR shock installed and different throttle hand tube. Only thing left to do is upgrade the front suspension. Previous owner gave me springs and racing valves for the front end. Don't wish to get into that until I have some serious down time. (I remember how long it took to do the seals in my Harley!)
I guess today it will get cleaned and waxed again!

#8,998 ·
Sent the frame and swing arm to the powdercoater. Ordered too many parts online. And drolled over the idea of finishing my project. I also made a nice spread sheet of everything left to order to tried to forecast the final price, but stuff always sneaks up and projects always end up costing more.

#9,008 ·
Rode the bike to work for the first time in 2 years. Between being out of commission for back surgery, buying a house, and travelliing for work, it just never got put back together. Finally all buttoned back up and running like a champ. Needs some minor cosmetic work, but nothin to stop me now. Personal victory.

#9,026 ·
This weekend I put on new rear (EBC) and front (EBC HH) brake pads, cleaned the calipers and added speed bleeders on all the calipers and bled the system. Holy CRAP!!!! Speed bleeders are God's great gift to brake maintenance! They work absolutely flawlessly and makes bleeding your brakes about a 5 minute job for front AND rear. I'm going to be bleeding my brakes a lot more often because they're so easy to use and I couldn't believe how much better my levers felt with fresh fluid in them. I also finally got my TPS properly adjusted, not quite as impressed with this one, but it did smooth out the bottom end a little bit. Then I beautified her and gave the chain a nice cleaning, washed and waxed, and polished the exhaust up a little bit with some polish wadding (not extremely impressed with this, but it gave it a nice shine rather than that dull finish although the color of the pipes didn't change).

Finally, for the grand finale I took her on a good long ride out for some parade laps at the track for the first time. Lots of fun!! Coming out of the corners the SV just leaves all those I4 SBKs in the dust.

All in all the bond between the SV and I was strengthened. What a great bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.