Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

The Cafe/2Stroke/Single/Twin/Brit/Euro/Cool Bike Pic Thread

8M views 22K replies 707 participants last post by  Hand-Wound Man 
#1 ·
I have been noticing a lot of threads with very cool pictures and links and in conversing with some other frequent posters thought maybe we could try to roll some of the best content up into one place. I look here and on the internet, as well as tv, in printed media and at bike shows and all over, for inspiration for my projects, so with Winter coming hopefully this can be a place for people to look for their ideas too.

Please try to keep this on topic, and keep in mind it isnt necessarily about SV's - classic bikes, cafe racers, GP bikes, thumpers, 2 smokers, Vtwins, euro bikes, and most anything you got. Ok, maybe not the really egregiously ugly 'I wouldnt ride that if you paid me' type bikes though.

*Obviously we cant always control what other outside sources do with their images, links, and content - so over time if this thread continues I am sure there will be dead links and little red x's popping up. I will do what I can to keep my posts updated!

Some of my favorites:

NCR Millona

2004 Suzuka 8hours Endurance Racer Ducati Monster

http://extremegraphicfsmd.com/indexeng.htm
Extreme Graphic Moto Design GSXR

Lazareth Ducati 1000SS

Honda CB1100R

Naked Yamaha RZ500

Dan Gurney Alligator

See less See more
#9,423 ·
Sorry, Baldor. I was indeed referring to Deals Gap. 11 miles of wheel up, wheel down, turn. Wheel up, wheel down, turn. This is one place that an SV650 with good suspension will slaughter most sport bikes. ;D Fun like no other unless the Miata Club is there.
Hey whoa! I was up there with my turbo miata, and it was all motorcycles slowing my down the whole time! I can stay between the proper lines AND still drive faster in that car than most motorcyclists can when they AREN'T staying between the lines on the dragon (or the hellbender.. or the cherohalla)

#9,424 ·
Hey whoa! I was up there with my turbo miata, and it was all motorcycles slowing my down the whole time! I can stay between the proper lines AND still drive faster in that car than most motorcyclists can when they AREN'T staying between the lines on the dragon (or the hellbender.. or the cherohalla)
This is why I don't ride the gap anymore.

Nothing against you personally, but who here would do a track day where they had cars and bikes out on the track at the same time?

And half of them going clockwise, with the other half going counter-clockwise?

With no runoff, just 10' dropoffs?

And the occasional 18-wheeler crawling across the whole track at 5 mph in blind turns?

Have fun there if you want, but for me it's pretty much a nightmare scenario.

#9,425 ·
who said anything about starting it? It's a norton, everyone knows those things aren't made to ride around on, They just look nice in the garage =)
I am frequently amazed at what people lust after in this thread. A fairly large chunk of these bikes would suck to ride compared to modern bikes. Especially when it comes to all those aircooled BMW's. MY dad has one and I've ridden it before. Trust me, they're pretty boring and clunky. Some day I'll put some pics of it up.

Most of these bikes really are just for looking awesome.

#9,426 ·
If you ever, had to kick start a old 500 single every day.
Your idea of sex,is not the same as mine. :)
Push button sex is way easier for us codgers although some of us prefer a kick on occasion. ;D
I share your sentiments regarding Airheads. I owned what was supposed to be one of the better ones and hated it but I'd also trade all the bikes I own for that street legal Manx, be happy to kick it and suffer the short rides.

#9,431 ·
Sex and Bikes.

I think all of you guys are perfectly correct, whether your preference is a kick-start, electric start or even left in the garage to be admired only. I'm sure you've all been told that you only get out what you put in; sounds like sex already doesn't it? Some of us put in by dismantling, cleaning, polishing and tuning. Others put in by working for money and then buying our baby off the showroom floor. And thank God for them or else the rest of us would have nothing to restore. Some of us find a princess of yesteryear and mount her on blocks then just sit there and admire her. Kick-starters prefer to put their effort into foreplay (and still leave the situation dissatisfied sometimes), button-pressers are there for the ride alone. Thank God too for all our varied tastes. Take care in showing disdain towards another's ride, every bike belongs to someone, not every woman does.

I hope it is becoming evident that all bikes are women. Out of interest, the only time I allow myself to use the word "$lut" is after the dozenth kick when the b1tch still won't start.

Happy Riding.

#9,434 ·
Sex and Bikes.

I think all of you guys are perfectly correct, whether your preference is a kick-start, electric start or even left in the garage to be admired only. I'm sure you've all been told that you only get out what you put in... etc. etc....

Happy Riding.
here here!

#9,439 ·
Trying to catch up here, had to upgrade the Photobucket now I have a boatload of grabs to share.

Sort of out of character for me...

A few NT650's (or "Bros")

Did I grab this from here? *Sorry if a repost, it's shi7 hot so who cares.*

This one is too.*

A good number of these from the good lads of the PB Forum. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.