Yay, it's here, it's here... my LeoVince is HERE!!!! - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Main Category > Motorcycle Talk
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

Motorcycle Talk Our main message forum catering to the Suzuki SV and general motorcycle chatter.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
silversx80
Banned Member

Bikes: SVHadder, 2009 Scott Addict R3
Miles Kms: In Soviet Russia, miles count you
Yay, it's here, it's here... my LeoVince is HERE!!!!

Waiting by my door when I got home from work. It is the EVOII for those who were wondering. I ordered it from indysuperbikes.com for $284 shipped. That's $60 less than the next guy.

I immediately ran to the hardware store and picked up a sawsall. Installation took only about an hour and I love the thing already. The matte finish really gets me off too. No pics of the can on the bike yet, waiting for the weather to clear up so I can get some good pics in the sun. I'll get some ASAP, I promise.

The thing is quieter than expected but it has a very welcome rumble. It looks so much better than the stock can too.

The one question I have is how do you get the quiet insert out? I removed the screw but that steel insert won't budge.

I don't know why I had the urge, but is this really necessary?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
Uridian

Bikes: 07 SV650S
Miles Kms: ~13.5K
Re: Yay, it's here, it's here... my LeoVince is HERE!!!!

Hawt.

The pipe... not the, uhm... other thing.
Uridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
asus
Titanium Member

Bikes: Black one
Miles Kms: a few

No, it's not necessary, please do that behind closed doors in private.

Leo Vince makes some nice cans, I am sure it will bring much joy to you (as we can see) and your SV.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #4
fluke323

Bikes: 2002 SVS/N Creamcycle, 2003 XR 50, 1964 Honda Dream 150, 1970 Honda CB 175
Send a message via AIM to fluke323

I like those......but not enough to want to get inside leo's can.....but i guess to each their own.
TDTM Motorsports#95 ////// White-Lightnin' Squad ///// Storm Thumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCSurveyor View Post
Yeah, but if it wasn't for "Captain C--kblock to the rescue!", methinks the outcome may have been different.
fluke323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #5
Bo Heck

Bikes: 2007 SV650S
Miles Kms: ~21000

not to be a noob but on indy's site they say it fits an 03 to 05, im supposing it will fit my 07, am i correct in this assumption? if so im pullin the trigger on this thing tonight.

oh and thanks silver for your update, very helpful
Bo Heck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
silversx80
Banned Member

I specified in the comments section when I ordered that I have an '07 and that '03 has a different subframe. LeoVince has the same part numbers on their site for the '03-'08 lineup. Anyway, the mid-pipe I got had "('03)" on the packaging and no other years. It fits with no issues. Also, the LV instructions say to cut the stock headers 50mm from the weld for '07, that's about 2 inches. Look on the Yoshimura website and they have an actual picture of the weld: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/p...df/1112265.pdf

There are two baffles, one insert and one plate. The plate goes between the midpipe and the slip-on. My insert is stuck and I'll have to pound it out from the inside. You'll see what I mean if you get the LV

Like I said earlier too, it is pretty quiet without the plate (the baffle to make the can E-marked). I thought for sure it'd be louder. I can hear the can over the intake up to 45 mph and above that, wind noise. Just as a gauge of how quite the can with just the quiet insert, I can hear the chain when I'm under 10mph. It's nice to know that I'm not being obnoxious.

Finally, I couldn't get the mounting strap to fit on the inside of the peg-mount (like the stock hanger) so I mounted to the outside. I'll post pics later.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
andy438

Bikes: Honda CRF150F, Ninja 250 (previous), 06 SV650s

good stuff, I'm waiting patiently (who am I kidding? I can't freaking wait...). Glad to hear it's relatively quiet, and the brushed aluminum was a big thing for me, too.

oh, and I COL'd (chuckled out loud) at your "can love" pic.
andy438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #8
amg

Bikes: 05 gsxr 750
Miles Kms: 8206
Send a message via Yahoo to amg

Nice, can't wait to see those pics!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
cdbouncer

Bikes: 08 SV650

SEXY!!! My 08SV650 sounds GREAT with mine......I put the baffle plate in cuz i'm a wuss but I love it!

Can't wait to see pics!
cdbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
silversx80
Banned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy438 View Post
good stuff, I'm waiting patiently (who am I kidding? I can't freaking wait...). Glad to hear it's relatively quiet, and the brushed aluminum was a big thing for me, too.

oh, and I COL'd (chuckled out loud) at your "can love" pic.
Just one more comment to get a metric on the volume, without the plate but the quiet insert (baffle in the end cap) in. Above 7K RPM it doesn't seem to sound louder than stock, it rumbles better and lower in pitch but doesn't seem louder. In fact, you hear the intake over the exhaust at any higer RPMs. I'm going to pull that insert out and see what it sounds like.

Oh, the brushed Al finish matched the other matte finishes on the bike pretty well.

I saw other people love their cans, like ASCSurveyor and GMSlave, so I wondered what the big hype was. It... was... awesome.

Pics of the can on the bike will be up soon, either today or tomorrow. The SV needs a good wash and a wax first, from all this riding in the rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement