***** NEW Official Maryland Thread ***** - Page 992 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Regional Forums > USA Rider Forum > North East
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

North East Region - ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, MD, DC, PA

Old 10-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #9911
allawd

Bikes: 2001 SV650 naked
Re: ***** NEW Official Maryland Thread *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxBuddy21 View Post
Yea but I will be riding the bike too until we can afford a second one lol
If you only need an inch shorter, I would first try picking up a second seat and getting it repadded and covered. I know greatdaytoride.com will mod a seat lower and put in a gel cushion for not much. I had my seat modded by him, but non-lowered and it is pretty good.

Maybe if you search someone has a quick removal seat mod so you can swap more easily. Not that it's hard as is.

Then if you still need to adjust the suspension it will be a less drastic change.
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #9912
LaxBuddy21

Bikes: 2012 GSXR 750, 2012 FZ8
Miles Kms: 28000/60

Anyone put bikemaster turn signals on? Sounded like it would be a direct plug in job but its not. I got everything of but it looks like I have to splice and reconnect wires. Plus the bolt at the end of the signal is too wide to fit into the piece of plastic on the back that it attaches to. Any tips?

Ram Cycles also fixed by shifter for me for $10. When I got home, I realized they put it on the wrong side though blah so I have to go back in the morning.
LaxBuddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #9913
schreib

Bikes: 03 SV650S
Miles Kms: 27k

Quote:
Anyone put bikemaster turn signals on? Sounded like it would be a direct plug in job but its not. I got everything of but it looks like I have to splice and reconnect wires. Plus the bolt at the end of the signal is too wide to fit into the piece of plastic on the back that it attaches to. Any tips?

Ram Cycles also fixed by shifter for me for $10. When I got home, I realized they put it on the wrong side though blah so I have to go back in the morning.
Yes, you'll need to cut and twist or solder the wires together, don't forget + -> +, - -> -. The shifter should be pretty simple as well, do you have a service manual? These are pretty easy things to do so if you want to get into wrenching at all this would be where to start. Let me know if you need help, im over in Rockville.
schreib is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #9914
LaxBuddy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreib View Post
Yes, you'll need to cut and twist or solder the wires together, don't forget + -> +, - -> -. The shifter should be pretty simple as well, do you have a service manual? These are pretty easy things to do so if you want to get into wrenching at all this would be where to start. Let me know if you need help, im over in Rockville.
What do I do about the bolt thats too big for the plastic backing? I dont know why these stupid signals dont come with instructions. Blah
Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #9915
schreib

Bikes: 03 SV650S
Miles Kms: 27k

Quote:
What do I do about the bolt thats too big for the plastic backing? I dont know why these stupid signals dont come with instructions. Blah
Plastic is easy to cut , make sure you are putting it in correctly first.
schreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #9916
LaxBuddy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreib View Post
Plastic is easy to cut , make sure you are putting it in correctly first.
I bought two sets to see which I liked better. The flush mounts went in no problem. Fit perfectly and were a direct plug so no wire cutting necessary. So I went with those
Old 10-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #9917
jbswear

Bikes: '75 FLH chopper, 2009 Concours
Miles Kms: 4600

I'm driving the Focus FINALLY!

Took it to get it final inspected, after I fixed what failed. Got pulled over a block away from the inspection station and got a ticket for expired tags. Told the officer I was on the way to get it inspected, then over to the MVA. She was polite, but had to write the ticket. She said to take the paperwork to court showing that I got it inspected and tagged right after the ticket and the judge will probably let me slide.

Let's hope so!

Oh yeah, it's a helluva lot of fun to drive!

I'm another SVHadder now.
jbswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #9918
LaxBuddy21

So I got everything fixed except the clutch lever but I can still use that until the replacement comes. Looks like a good day for a ride!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #9919
Lew360

Bikes: '09 Ninjette/ '98 Marauder
Miles Kms: up there

Quote:
Yea it was. I just dont think she will be able to go out riding with us on a 250 because we get on I270 to go anywhere we want to ride and everything I have read says not to take a 250 on the interstate.
Quote:
What kind of pickup do they have from 60-80? At that speed and on I270, you need to be able to speed up effectively to avoid the idiots. Plus, is it ok to be riding the bike at max speed or near max speed for any length of time?
Quote:
Thats what Im worried about. Shorter maintenance intervals means more wear and tear is being put on the motor. Her and I have been discussing it a lot and even the 250 sports bikes only save about 50 or more pounds. Its some difference but I dont know if its all that much on a 300-400 lb bike. The 250 cruisers save more weight. She took her course on a nighthawk and liked it. I dont see any for sale around here though. She didnt like the rebel at all so thats out. Just a lot to think about. She may just keep trying on the SV until she gets the hang of it. I think I may look into lowering it for her. Right now, she is on her tip toes holding the bike up (she is 5'4") so I think if we could get both feet flat on the ground that would help a lot. Anyone have any experience lowering the SV?
I weight 240 lbs. and the Ninja 250 carries me down route 50 at 80-90 indicated just fine. Passing and other maneuvers at 60mph take some forethought and time. The motor is designed to spend most of there time at 10,000rpm and above. The valve clearance check interval is a little short at 7500 miles but working on the bike is very easy. Check out http://www.ninjette.org/forums/index.php lots of good info. on that site. Jen is only about 5-4 and she can flat foot it. She has also come very close to dropping it in the driveway just moving it around, but she was able to pick it up. I can't imagine a better bike for a new, small rider and it makes a really nice second bike or me to rail around on.

Last edited by Lew360; 10-09-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Lew360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #9920
jbswear

Bikes: '75 FLH chopper, 2009 Concours
Miles Kms: 4600

Lew--

Will anybody be home tomorrow so I can bring your floor jack over?

I'm another SVHadder now.
jbswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement