***** NEW Official Maryland Thread ***** - Page 898 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Regional Forums > USA Rider Forum > North East
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

North East Region - ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, MD, DC, PA

Old 08-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #8971
Med!c

Bikes: 2003 SV650S
Miles Kms: 35000 Miles
Re: ***** NEW Official Maryland Thread *****

Anyone interested in a Canon 50mm 1.4?
Med!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #8972
jbswear

Bikes: '75 FLH chopper, 2009 Concours
Miles Kms: 4600

Let me see what my 50mm is; I don't think it's as fast as yours.

If mine is slower (I think it is), how much do you want for it?

Plastic or metal body?

I'm another SVHadder now.
jbswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #8973
Med!c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbswear View Post
Let me see what my 50mm is; I don't think it's as fast as yours.

If mine is slower (I think it is), how much do you want for it?

Plastic or metal body?
Plastic, but it has a very solid build with good quality plastic and metal mount. It's an EF mount by the way. Is your 50mm the 100 dollar one? If so, that's the 50mm 1.8 which I had, and this is build A LOT better than that. At the next maintenance meet you can definitely take a look at it, if i have it by then. I'm asking for 300 on CG right now.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #8974
schreib

Bikes: 03 SV650S
Miles Kms: 27k

So I am buying a torque wrench to start doing more work myself and to stop stripping bolts (or leaving them too loose like my oil drain plug once )... Anything I should know about them? I am seeing the tightest I am going to need to torque something is 72.5lb/ft for the rear axle nut. Am I missing anything else? I want to make sure I get one that can torque to every spec I need for the bike.

Also recommendations on 'your own trusty torque wrench brand that you've been using since 'nam and does not cost more than my bike' accepted.
schreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #8975
sushiplease

Bikes: Yamaha FZ1-N
Miles Kms: 3000
Send a message via AIM to sushiplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog View Post
Friggin sweet!!

Details?
It's not too old... 1982 Seca/XJ 550R, 20k miles

Pros:
New carbs
New Clutch
Motor runs strong
Reached about 90+mph (guessing) Pretty **** fast for a 550.

Cons:
Leaks Oil
Battery probably needs to be replaced
Speedo is dead, probably going to try replacing the cable and see if that fixes it.

The Fiancee tried riding it this afternoon and it's a bit tall for her, so I'm going try to lower it. Maybe I can find a lower seat. Battery died after about 15 mintues of her learning to ride it in the parkinglot and had to get a jump haha. Over all the bike is in very good condition for it's age. This winter I'll probably be tearing it down and repaint it while I repaint my SV. Hopefully it won't be too hard trying to restore it.
sushiplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #8976
Med!c

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreib View Post
So I am buying a torque wrench to start doing more work myself and to stop stripping bolts (or leaving them too loose like my oil drain plug once )... Anything I should know about them? I am seeing the tightest I am going to need to torque something is 72.5lb/ft for the rear axle nut. Am I missing anything else? I want to make sure I get one that can torque to every spec I need for the bike.

Also recommendations on 'your own trusty torque wrench brand that you've been using since 'nam and does not cost more than my bike' accepted.
Dude. You can borrow mine.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #8977
allawd

Bikes: 2001 SV650 naked

Quote:

Harbor Freight has some for $20 or $10 with a coupon (often in the back of Motorcyclist). I don't vouch for their accuracy, but seems good enough to me for as often as I use it.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #8978
Lew360

Bikes: '09 Ninjette/ '98 Marauder
Miles Kms: up there

Quote:

I had to buy two to cover everything. One is a 3/8" in/lb the other is a 1/2" ft/lb. Both of mine are Husky from Homeless Depot. They currently carry a 3/8" 10-100 ft/lb for $75.00 and that should cover most if not all for the SV.
Lew360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #8979
Med!c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew360 View Post
I had to buy two to cover everything. One is a 3/8" in/lb the other is a 1/2" ft/lb. Both of mine are Husky from Homeless Depot. They currently carry a 3/8" 10-100 ft/lb for $75.00 and that should cover most if not all for the SV.
Yeah, I have the 1/2 husky one too. I did alot of research and a lot of people were saying the husky ones were better than the craftsman. Plus, a few people who were privileged and were able to do a few tests on their accuracy were saying they're about 2%+/- The accuracy in my opinion is more important with higher torqued bolts hence why I got the 1/2 husky, and the harborfreight brand as my small torque wrench to do 10 ft*lb stuff.

5% off at 100 ft*lb is a lot more than 10% at 10 ft*lb. I guess if you're just doing regular stuff it wouldnt matter, but if you do engine work, you dont want to crush the gasket either.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #8980
LaxBuddy21

Bikes: 2012 GSXR 750, 2012 FZ8
Miles Kms: 28000/60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joteism View Post
So... I went to see the practice session by behind Chevy's at Gaithersburg. Apparently it's a group of Harley riders that just get together every Friday at 6.30pm.

Anyways, all very nice people and there we are doing cone weaves, tight turns, and other low speed maneuvers. So when it was time to take a break, I thought it would be a great idea to check my tire pressure, as my moves didn't feel as smooth as they could have. Back tire - 35. So i go slide the bike forward to check the front, and I guess ended up folding the d*mn kickstand in the process and down it went! My brand new gear shifter snapped right off by the toe part and rest of the impact was absorbed by the bar ends and frame sliders. Oh it was a gruesome ride home! D*mn Harleys!
I guess I should have mentioned that the instructor I had was a Harley rider He is apparently on vacation though and is supposed to email me when he gets back. Did you enjoy the session? Was it helpful? Maybe we can get enough people to go to even out the sport bike numbers a little. Plus I think a little sport bike/ harley intermingling is good for all of us. Its good to remember we are all riders regardless of what we ride. If nothing comes up this Friday, I will be there.
LaxBuddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement