Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

FI Light C42 Error

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  D'Ecosse 
#1 ·
Used to be: eventually the FI light would stop blinking or by reinserting the key and wiggling it, the bike would not start with the FI light blinking=able to start.

When I put the bike into dealer mode I got this, C42 Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal) Anti-theft. Took it to two diff. shops and one stated it was the battery connection, they cleaned it up and started fine with no problems. But:

Current problem: FI light never stops blinking and bike can crank but does not make the normal "whirring" noise that occurs when turning the key to "on" position on the 2nd gen SVs. I've hooked the bike battery up to a car and doesnt help. Dash and head lights do come on.

Should I replace the ignition entirely? The keys are not OEM and I believe this bike was salvaged. Ive put on about 40k miles w/o an issue until now. Ive visually inspected the wiring and seems fine. First time I took it to the shop, they had rewired a burnt out wire near the front triple.

Thanks.

#2 ·
There is a resistor inside the ignition switch which is connected between the Orange/Yellow and the Red wires (ignition harness) when ignition is turned on.
Since it was 'sorta working' if you wiggled the key, it is most likely a bad connection inside the switch.
If you would like to bypass the resistor in the switch, send me PM and I can give you the info on how to bypass that for about $1 cost. It's not that hard to find on the 'net, but still would rather not post it publicly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.