Installed some new parts, have some questions: - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > SV650 Gen2 (03-15) Tech
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

SV650 Gen2 (03-15) Tech Info, advice or questions specific to the 2003-2015 model SV650.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
gtramontelli

Installed some new parts, have some questions:

Hi,

I just did the first 2 mods to my 2007 SV650N. This week I installed the hotbodies undertail and a set of motosliders. I have some questions, though. First, I was very careful to keep all of my parts in order when installing the undertail. I take all of my nuts/bolts/screws and put them in a solo cup so that I won't lose them. There are 2 screws that hold together the plastic between the 2 seats, and I swear my bike only had the lower one. Anyway, I reinstalled everything, and that area has a little play in it now. It doesn't seem to move unless you specifically touch it, but I'm not really sure I like that it moves at all. Anyone else ever find that fasteners were missing when changing things?

Secondly, my blinkers are flashing very quickly, and I know that a resistor can fix that. However, I almost think that the quick blink is more noticeable. Is there anything illegal about having the fast flash?

3rd, with the motosliders, the instructions give a torque spec for installation. I didnt have a torque wrench, so I just estimated. I also used locktite as instructed. Any problem if I overtightened it a bit?

Thanks.
gtramontelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
fluke323

Bikes: 2002 SVS/N Creamcycle, 2003 XR 50, 1964 Honda Dream 150, 1970 Honda CB 175
Send a message via AIM to fluke323
Re: Installed some new parts, have some questions:

1) Did you get your bike new or used? Mine was used, so I'm sure that was the reason that several nuts and washers were missing.

2) No, not in NY anyway. People usually just like to have the regular speed because it can get annoying and on some bikes (not the sv to my knowledge) will show a sensor problem because its not drawing enough current.

3) I'd worry more about under tightening than over tightening because it is an engine mount bolt. As long as you didn't strip the nut, I'm sure it will be fine.
TDTM Motorsports#95 ////// White-Lightnin' Squad ///// Storm Thumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCSurveyor View Post
Yeah, but if it wasn't for "Captain C--kblock to the rescue!", methinks the outcome may have been different.
fluke323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
gtramontelli

Re: Installed some new parts, have some questions:

I got it new.

Thanks for the info about the flashers and the motosliders. I guess I will see if there is a way for me to rig the plastics so they are more stable. I just hope i dont have to take too much apart again lol.

Thanks again.
gtramontelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement