Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Bar Ends

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NurseBill 
#1 ·
Hey guys just swapped out my OEM handlebars with a rizoma billet aluminum bar. My old bar ends dont size down to the inner diameter of the new bars. Is an adapter kit needed or do i just need to get new bar ends with a smaller diameter to fit the new bars?

#4 ·
Yup, new bar ends.

If you are thinking about end mount mirrors, be aware that some of them use an attachment that goes where a bar end would go. You can get weighted bar ends too. I have em' and they do calm down the vibes a bit. You would need to figure all that out and whatnot.

Lastly, if you like the "weight in the handlebar" thing but can't find the right mechanical combo, they make a thing that slides into your entire bar that weights it down. I've never tried it, but it's out there.

Cheers.

#6 ·
I stuffed mine with 45 caliber round muzzleloader balls, no I'm not kidding either. I had a box of them for my flintlock. They are like $15 for 100. From the bend of the bar to the end I think I have 15 in there per side. I put something in there first so they didn't roll down the bar. And some shotgun BB's to take up space. Vibes.... gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.