Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

The Cafe/2Stroke/Single/Twin/Brit/Euro/Cool Bike Pic Thread

8M views 22K replies 707 participants last post by  Hand-Wound Man 
#1 ·
I have been noticing a lot of threads with very cool pictures and links and in conversing with some other frequent posters thought maybe we could try to roll some of the best content up into one place. I look here and on the internet, as well as tv, in printed media and at bike shows and all over, for inspiration for my projects, so with Winter coming hopefully this can be a place for people to look for their ideas too.

Please try to keep this on topic, and keep in mind it isnt necessarily about SV's - classic bikes, cafe racers, GP bikes, thumpers, 2 smokers, Vtwins, euro bikes, and most anything you got. Ok, maybe not the really egregiously ugly 'I wouldnt ride that if you paid me' type bikes though.

*Obviously we cant always control what other outside sources do with their images, links, and content - so over time if this thread continues I am sure there will be dead links and little red x's popping up. I will do what I can to keep my posts updated!

Some of my favorites:

NCR Millona

2004 Suzuka 8hours Endurance Racer Ducati Monster

http://extremegraphicfsmd.com/indexeng.htm
Extreme Graphic Moto Design GSXR

Lazareth Ducati 1000SS

Honda CB1100R

Naked Yamaha RZ500

Dan Gurney Alligator

See less See more
#11,583 ·
No, your gsxr with clip-ons, 520 conversion and brand stickers plastered all over your plastic is not a touring bike. It's a wannabe bike unless you're at the track.
Isn't a 520 stock on a GSX-R? ;)

Anyhow, this guy might disagree with you - several of his 6 around-the-world trips were done on an R1:

Anyhow, not arguing about fairings anymore, just pimpin' some pics of a bike that's noteworthy for how it's been used by a true monster of motorcycling. :)

#11,584 ·
Also, we are ALL poseurs - it's been a long time since I stopped considering that a meaningful insult.

Also, that Kolb BMW above makes me question my faith in the ultimate ugliness of aircooled boxers. ;) It really is awesome!

#11,586 ·
I've never ridden a bike with fairings. So I don't know what it feels like to do so. However, it seems logical that having properly designed fairings would help protect a rider against wind blast and debris.

I see no point in trash talking any form of functional motorcycle. They all serve a purpose in one fashion or another. If one feels the need to "call out" someone else as being a "poser", they need to stop watching B-rated movies staring Vin Diesel.

Anyway, I am a noob. And yet I've already managed to log somewhere around 4500 miles in the past 3 months on a naked SV. I don't look over at someone on a CBR600RR and judge them for having plastic panels. That's just retarded. The only person whom I've been angry at over riding habit/ability or anything else is myself.

#11,591 ·
If RD can say "let's get down to some serious pic posting" and then repost; reposting is the very accepted norm.

The only trick Z1s I can recall being posted here are from Sanctuary, not Bull Dock, who I have never heard of. Perhaps I'm mistaken ..

What I am not mistaken about is the need to clean up this thread. Lets try getting back to posting PICTURES of Cafe Racers, 2Strokes, Singles, Twins, British bikes, European bikes and most of all cool bikes.

This is not the funny bike thread, the ANY bike thread or the rusting heap thread.

This is also not the stupid discussion thread ...

Thank you for your attention.

PS .. this is not directed at Boldor, but at everyone.

#11,600 ·
I must admit that I rather like this Exile Black Bull:

That's about as clean a look as I've seen on a motorcycle. Does the brake pedal operate both front & rear brakes via a proportioning valve or something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.