Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Upgrade from SV650's forks to SV650X's?

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Rock Dodger 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Has anybody already checked which parts you need to change to make ’18 SV650's forks preload adjustable, like the SV650X ones?
I assume that you may need to replace more parts than just the caps of the forks. (Spacer underneath them, different springs?)

#6 ·
If you do the springs first I'm pretty sure that you will realize that the preload adjustment isn't something that will help you. There are far better places to spend that money.

#7 ·
Thank you for your answers.
What should I look for when I will choosing new springs? In other words, which do you believe is the main weakness of this front suspension?
(And yes, I know this is a budget bike after all. I don't expect any kind of tuning miracle!)

#9 ·
The weakness's are the too soft spring rate and the limitations of a damper rod fork.

The standard solution is better springs and Race-Tech emulators.
You don't have to do them at the same time. You can do springs (with new fork oil) and then add the emulators later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.