Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums - View Single Post - The Cafe/2Stroke/Single/Twin/Brit/Euro/Cool Bike Pic Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #11560
imdying

Bikes: SV1000R
Re: The Cafe/2Stroke/Single/Twin/Brit/Euro/Cool Bike Pic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatta! View Post
yep. Nakeds are still cooler. Fairings are for the race track, or for posers. The only other possible exception would be touring bikes.. if you can't handle the wind that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldor View Post
Compare the look of a 916's engine to a 750SS roundcase. Fairings don't encourage visually beautiful engineering. Hardcore race machines look sort of beautiful in a narrowed, functional way, but I could never afford the time (let alone the money) to race.

Why hide the engine? It's such a big part of the whole kickass-power-in-an-affordable-vehicle-attitude that bikes are all about to me. And when I play with kickarse power, things get bent and busted. I don't want to include fairings in that equation.
You'd better start another thread for that cause I could spend all day refuting that bollocks. Screw wind blast, and screw having to clean all bugs out of hard to get into areas. Naked bikes are only good for slow**** who don't ride much.

Last edited by Fatass SVS; 12-05-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Edited for slur
imdying is offline   Reply With Quote