Power commander maps? is there a resource for them? - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > 03 + SV1000 Tech
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums Garage FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

03 + SV1000 Tech Info, advice or questions specific to 2003-up model SV1000. Sponsored By: Werks Parts

Old 10-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
ginofultano

Power commander maps? is there a resource for them?

hi guys, I'm new to the sv site. i bought an 03 with a full m4 exhaust, it was a race/ trackday bike so the previous owner had it dyno tuned with race gas. 118 hp at the wheel (supposedly). i want to put a street tune in the power commander so i can run pump gas and i was wondering if there is a site with programs loaded up. i already searched the forum and found a lot of you guys hate on the power commanders, but since its already on the bike I'm keeping it.any help is appreciated.
Gino
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Sarge

Re: Power commander maps? is there a resource for them?

http://www.powercommander.com/suppsuzmaps.shtml
Old 10-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
ginofultano

hey thanks sarge, i guess that was so blatantly obvious i didn't even think of it.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Sarge

Old 11-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
yashuone

Bikes: 05 in the buff
Miles Kms: got me, never put the odo back on after the front end swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginofultano
118 hp at the wheel (supposedly).
dang that's impressive if that's true.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
DougZ
Supporting Vendor

Bikes: 03 SV1Ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashuone
dang that's impressive if that's true.
Race fuel and a good map with that full exhaust...I can see it being true. Mine bone stock is 110 HP.
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
snipes1232000

the best map is made for you in your area, the maps from the power commander site are good starting points, but because of altitudes and climates, depending on where you live you could benifit more from taking it to a shop with a dyno and getting a custom map for you bike.
snipes1232000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #8
Bloodhound

I know this is an older post but I gotta raise the topic that the HP figures is only as good as the dyno the pull is done on.

I had mine mapped on a known to be not so optimistic dyno (tight) and pulled 117 and change with a M4 full-system, snorkel pulled, tre'd and pump gas with 2400 miles onthe clock (tight engine also).

That being said my SV might pull 125 on that same dyno...or it might pull 98 on it also. Con't let the numbers posted on internet forums become a baseline of what to expect. FWIW, a 520 conversion and a lighter tire will boost your peak numbers also.
Advertisement