Wheel bearing replace - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > 03 + SV1000 Tech
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums Garage FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

03 + SV1000 Tech Info, advice or questions specific to 2003-up model SV1000. Sponsored By: Werks Parts

Old 02-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
Sv1000s03
Site Supporter

Bikes: 2003 Sv1000s
Miles Kms: 41,000mi
Wheel bearing replace

Well just got wheels back from powdercoat and i need to install new fr and r bearings and seals... anyone rec a brand other than suzuki that they have some 1st hand exp with.. if i dont have to spend 200+ for stock bearings thatd be great
Sv1000s03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
D'Ecosse
Titanium Member

Bikes: 03 SV650S; Custom Triumph Daytona
Re: Wheel bearing replace

http://www.allballsracing.com/
D'Ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Sv1000s03
Site Supporter

great thank you
Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
SVfoLife

Bikes: 08' TRACK SV650, 08' CBR600RR
Miles Kms: A few now.

This post is for all the people that will search for info on this and not know about this small detail. This only concerns those few select people that have SV650's with the GSXR rear wheel. Do not use all balls bearings if you powder coat the GSXR rim. I had fitting issues concerning the width of the rim. The all balls bearing must be wider because the rim width was not even close. I eventually had to take out one of the dust seals to give a few more mm so that the rim would slide in place. I took the one out behind the sprocket carrier since it would see less dust being inside the carrier itself. If I ever change colors then I will buy OEM. Anyone else have similar results?
SVfoLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
DougZ
Supporting Vendor

Bikes: 03 SV1Ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ecosse View Post
+1 to that. I use them in my street and dirt bikes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVfoLife View Post
This post is for all the people that will search for info on this and not know about this small detail. This only concerns those few select people that have SV650's with the GSXR rear wheel. Do not use all balls bearings if you powder coat the GSXR rim. I had fitting issues concerning the width of the rim. The all balls bearing must be wider because the rim width was not even close. I eventually had to take out one of the dust seals to give a few more mm so that the rim would slide in place. I took the one out behind the sprocket carrier since it would see less dust being inside the carrier itself. If I ever change colors then I will buy OEM. Anyone else have similar results?
Sounds like either the wrong bearing was ordered or powder coat got where it should not have. Was the bearing that was taken out measured against the new bearing being put in?? Also, there are three bearings that go in the rear wheel, two on the drive side and one on the brake rotor side....typically. The widths vary. If you are sure you seated the bearing all the way, perhaps the wrong side bearing was used. Allballs bearings are equal to, or better, than stock wheel bearings.
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Sv1000s03
Site Supporter

Just put mine in from allballs and just got my rims back from pc and they fit perfect no problems @ all.. but again i was using stock sv rims.. thanks for help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement