Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Delkevic exhaust

9K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gunhed70 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to svrider.com but i have an 04 sv650s and just put a new delkevic 350mm carbon fiber exhaust on it and just kinda wanted to do a review. so here it goes

Price- $215 shipped to my door (i live in Pennsylvania). The stainless was about 50 cheaper too. Cant beat the price.

looks- Looks bad ass. especially on a yellow bike like mine

Build- Built pretty solid. Light weight, nice carbon fiber. Baffle was easy to take out, its only held in by one screw that's very easy to get to.

Sound- Didnt even start it with the baffle in. I took the baffle out as soon as i got the pipe on the bike. But that being said, it was very deep, throaty, and not at all pingy in any way. Very good sound, not obnoxious by any means. I would say a perfect sound level for the sv. If your worried about the pipe being too loud, dont. Its not bad at all. The only thing i didnt like about the sound was when i took the baffle out of the exhaust, there was a little hole where the screw was inserted that was then empty because the baffle was out. It made a fluttery noise that was kind of annoying. But that was easily fixed by inserting the screw from the baffle into the hole and putting a nut on the underside of the exhaust. No more fluttery noise. Compared to a two bros. its a lot quieter. But to me the two bros makes it sound too much like a dirt bike and not like a big V twin that it is.

Performance- I was running a stock gutted pipe that looked like crap, and sounded like crap. Compared to that, this delkevic pipe made it run like pure heaven. The rpms jump up faster, more torque for sure, and more horse power on the very top end and did i mention its sounds amazing? Just makes the V twin run very well. No need to tune.

Durability- cant really say at this point being that i just put it on. But its built very well i see no reason why that would be a problem.

Customer service- Well. the pipe came with no directions to install it haha. But the only thing you can mess up is where you cut the pipe at, and honestly, you would have to try to mess that up. But you could always just call and ask them if you have a question, and i hear they are very easy to deal with.

Fit- The pipe fits great. Took 10 minutes to install. And two minutes were just looking for the saw to cut the old pipe off. Everything just slipped right on. Easiest thing ive ever done on any bike ive ever had.

Over all - Best pipe for the money hands down. Nothing against yoshi or M4 or two bros., cause they are all good pipes, but holy hell the price of those things are just plain crazy. I mean 300 to 600 is what those slip on's run now. Come on 300 for a slip on muffler before shipping? thats crazy. Realistically we're not getting crazy performance numbers with these cans, And all of the cans make about the same amount of power. so it comes down to price, sound, and durability. And if you want a quiet pipe, Delkevic makes one. If you want a loud as **** pipe, Delkevic make an 8" and a 9" exhaust that will be outrageously mean, and they run like $150. Whats not to like? Delkevic hasnt been around all that long in the US, but they make a very nice product. For half the price, you get a **** good pipe that can easily stack up to a yoshi or M4 or whatever else you compare it to. Would i recommend it to a friend? I woudnt have to, most are sold as soon as they see and hear it. Im very happy i didnt spend extra money on a product that was of the same value. Bottom line, go get yourself a Delkevic pipe if your looking for a good exhaust for a good price.

See less See more
#2 ·
I looked at a rather new Delkevic polished SS can on a '05 SV parked on the street. The can looked brand new, but the welds on the outlet tip were already rusting. Many happy owners of Delkevic cans on the forum, but I'm not convinced that they are of the same quality. I don't disagree that the big name brands are very pricey, but you can buy Yosh at a discount and Leo Vince's prices aren't too bad. I would never pay what TBs wants for their cans. Good luck with your can.

#4 ·
I've had my SS can from when they first came out for around 2 years now, still no problems.

I did the same thing, took the baffle out at first, but endd up leaving it in there to allow me to open it up without getting as many looks.

For ~$150 shipped that I paid, and 2 years old at this point, no complaints.

#6 ·
...there was a little hole where the screw was inserted that was then empty because the baffle was out. It made a fluttery noise that was kind of annoying. But that was easily fixed by inserting the screw from the baffle into the hole and putting a nut on the underside of the exhaust. No more fluttery noise.
This is exactly what I did. Took me a moment to realize where the fluttery noise came from. I also put the smooth part the screw facing in and the nut on the outside.

I agree with you about everything as well. I absolutely love this pipe, over a year and no issues. It is the best sounding pipe I've heard on the SV, and the best bang for the buck.

As for pricing, I'm not asking why the Delkevic is soo cheap, but why "name brand" pipes are so expensive!

I fitted a brand new stainless steel cat-back dual exhaust system on my Mustang GT. It cost me $550 for two stainless mufflers, pipes, resonators, double-walled tips, etc. I just don't get how Yosh or Two Brothers can justify slip-on pipes for that price?

On a side note, I occasionally wipe down the pipe with some Lemon Pledge and a microfiber towel, just like I do with the rest of the bike to protect it from the elements.

#8 ·
I recently purchased a dekelvic pipe myself, it was thier tri oval shorty stainless and i could'nt be happier. I did'nt want it loud, but just a deeper tone, paid $181 free shipping and i've gotten compliments and questions on where to get one, i might have to buy some more of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.