Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Rattle Can

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  XJ99 
#1 ·
How did yall rattle can your passenger pegs? did ya sand it first? What brand paint?

#5 ·
Well, I took a shot in the dark and used some Rustolium Gloss Black spray paint and painted right on the clean Rearset mounts. (no sanding or nothing). Then took some Clear Coat (not sure what brand off the top of my head) and sprayed a layer of that on. Looks Sick!!!

Took some VHT Paint (thats the brand name,VHT) and painted the passenger pegs, baked them and mounted them (no clear coat, seeing how they hold up alone for future reference).

All in all, I took em for a 100 mile ride on public roads and not a single chip! I'll post after the holiday weekend to let you know how it holds up but so far so good!

I didn't go with powder coating because well.... thats a winter project since the bike would be OOC for a while when I do the fairing retrofit.

#10 ·
Thanks XJ! I wasn't too sure either, but I figured I could always sandblast and start again or get it professionally done via powder-coating or whatnot. Also went with it on the swing arm caps, not as happy with the results, might sand blast them and spray paint matte black, or sandblast.

Overall very happy with the progress of the bike, over the last year or so. Now to figure out what to do next!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.