Gonna 'restore' my 06 650s. I'm gonna need help :) - Page 23 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > SV650 Gen2 (03-15) Tech
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

SV650 Gen2 (03-15) Tech Info, advice or questions specific to the 2003-2015 model SV650.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #221
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

Bikes: '06 SV650s
Re: Gonna 'restore' my 06 650s. I'm gonna need help :)

I got a stomach virus so everything has been put on hold. Back to eBay searching. I think kipper said 06-12 r6 Master Cylinder, but i'll go back and read it. I've also noticed the inner cowling has a broken tab so it doesn't snap down with everything else. So I'm on the look out for one of those too.

I've decided to get a 2008+ ninja. I've found a few cool ones but I don't have the cash right now so that'll be later. But it'll slow down the SV project since it doesn't make sense to get tires that I won't use for a while. I'll probably do the chain/sprocket, brakes/pads and wait on the tires. It'll also give me time to find out what I want from a bike. I'm thinking a scottoiler lol

I'll be selling off the extra parts i've got in case anyone is interested too.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:39 AM   #222
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

Alright everyone I'm back and I wanna finish this bad boy. I need help.

I'm gonna switch back to stock master cylinder. I can't find any definitive information about r6 master cylinders and I might mess with it down the line, especially since I'm new to finding and don't wanna go over the handlebars of my freshly fixed bike.

Never mind the ninja. I don't have the money so I'm gonna learn on the Sv.

I'm not off any time this week so I won't be able to do the brake lines but next week on monday I'm gonna crack those bad boys open and put the lines on. Stay tuned!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:19 PM   #223
b0Xcrash

Bikes: 2008 SV 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyyou View Post
I got a stomach virus so everything has been put on hold. Back to eBay searching. I think kipper said 06-12 r6 Master Cylinder, but i'll go back and read it.
Yeah, R6 front master is 06+....I have one off a 14' that is going on my fork swap.
Also R1 04+ is the same, only thing is how the lines come out if you run steel braided you will need lines for R6/R1 with bent elbow or the HEL line adapter(this is the route I decided since I already had steel braided lines off a 04 R6)
I have rode Ducati 1199s Pangi's with the Brembo radials and it takes a bit to get used to, but it's a very short bit of time before you fall madly in love.
My older R6 track bikes had some nice radial masters that you could one finger a smudge and they would bit hard....I prefer this feelmyself
b0Xcrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2016, 10:01 AM   #224
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0Xcrash View Post
Quote:
I got a stomach virus so everything has been put on hold. Back to eBay searching. I think kipper said 06-12 r6 Master Cylinder, but i'll go back and read it.
Yeah, R6 front master is 06+....I have one off a 14' that is going on my fork swap.
Also R1 04+ is the same, only thing is how the lines come out if you run steel braided you will need lines for R6/R1 with bent elbow or the HEL line adapter(this is the route I decided since I already had steel braided lines off a 04 R6)
I have rode Ducati 1199s Pangi's with the Brembo radials and it takes a bit to get used to, but it's a very short bit of time before you fall madly in love.
My older R6 track bikes had some nice radial masters that you could one finger a smudge and they would bit hard....I prefer this feelmyself
Bite hard sounds dangerous for a guy like me (who hasnt ridden anything in over a year)
I'll stick with sock and upgrade later.
Kiyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:40 AM   #225
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

The past 4 months have sucked. I ended up doing school and work full time and had no time to do much.
I hired a guy to finish the bike and he ran off with my money.

I've added the stainless steel lines to front and back, gotten all the brake pads on.
All that's left is the chain/sprocket, tires, rear shock, yoshi exhaust.

I'm talking to another gentleman who could check everything over once I'm done with it.

The bike won't start again though.
Had the battery charged at Autozone. I'm gonna mess with it tonight.
I've been getting the red light, chec code, and c00.

EDI: Can't get it to start. It cranks, lights come on, doesn't fire. No codes.
I'll upload a video later.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #226
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

I have a feeling it's the battery. What do you guys think?
Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #227
Jay V
Supporting Member

Bikes: '06 SVn, '00 SVn project

Quote:
I have a feeling it's the battery. What do you guys think?
Most likely.

Check the voltage before and during cranking to confirm. A bad starter relay can do the same thing, as well as bad battery/starter connections and a few other things.
Jay V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:44 AM   #228
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

12.69v when off
12.27 when ignition on
9.35-10.15 when cranking?

Strange. I'm just gonna buy another battery.
I wanted an AGM battery because it was cheaper than even a standard battery but I'm considering a Lithium one since I live in Texas. I know i'd need a new battery tender anyways. I have the battery tender Junior, which isn't used for AGM batteries.
Which r/r should I purchase? I've seen talk of a MOSFET r/r. I think I saw OffirMX linked this one in another thread.

Gonna check if the start relay clicks or not right now.

edit: starter relay clicks, I'm using a power source wp9-bs which is an agm battery?
Old 04-21-2017, 06:24 AM   #229
rockman225

Bikes: 03 SV650

Volts isn't the only thing you need tocheck for. You should do a test for CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) which would require a battery tester. If it's not where it needs to be, that can cause what I saw in the video.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
rockman225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #230
Kiyyou
Supporting Member

Ended up just buying a Yuasa YTX12.

Gonna slap it in there and hope it cranks. If not I'm gonna change the r/r out.