Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

fake carbon fiber opinion

5K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  frick 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
If you like it....go for it. I've got a 1st gen and there is fake C/F on the dash around the gauges from the factory.

So i say again....If YOU like it go for it....it's YOUR bike.

I personally see why some people don't like fake c/f but i don't think it looks bad cuz it breaks up the solid black look without being a completely different color.

#12 ·
There is other material on the market that is a better choice than painted on fake carbon fiber...its black fiberglass. Due to the extremely high demand for real CF, some companies will make parts out of this black fiberglass. To most motorcycle enthusiasts, you would never know the difference.

Really, there is no need for real for CF for bodywork...as they are not structural items, and need no special strength. Only where replacing metal items, where strength with weight savings is needed, is where real CF has an advantage.

If you want to know what your "CF" item really is....drill a small hole in it. If the drill goes right through, its just black fiberglass. if it takes a bit of work to go through, it probably real CF.

#14 ·
True, but with the material I am talking about above..I could make a part out of that, and real CF, and just looking at it, you would have no idea which is which.

#29 ·
I think that fair statement that would cover most peoples' views would be, any sticker/magnet made to look like CF is ghey.........and anything that is real CF is cool....as well as the black fiberglass parts that I mentioned earlier...cause 99% of people would not know the difference.

#33 ·
You know what biotches, I had chrome on my HD, and liked it that way. Different styles for different bikes. I liked chrome on my HD, but would not think of having it on my street fighter.

#35 ·
I feel similarly. I just don't understand the people who go "carbon fiber yay! even if it's fake, it's cool!", yet look at a cruiser and say "pfftt... all that chrome is just ridiculous". Chrome on a street bike isn't something I'd usually like, but I can see a few cases of it being used tastefully - same with carbon fiber on a cruiser.

#38 ·
You want to to credos? Fine beotches, it's on:

Mike's Credo: Crash it, pee on it, steal stuff off it, then secretly rebuild it and show no one.

TJD's Credo: postwhore, ditch the SV, then postwhore some more - intersperse bits of whining at will.

DougZ: I'll make parts! <borat>...NOT!<borat>

SV rider's Credo: it's slow/girly/too-quiet/beginner's bike, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not, up, down, all-around, we have ADD.

#41 ·
You want to to credos? Fine beotches, it's on:

Mike's Credo: Crash it, pee on it, steal stuff off it, then secretly rebuild it and show no one.

TJD's Credo: postwhore, ditch the SV, then postwhore some more - intersperse bits of whining at will.

DougZ: I'll make parts! <borat>...NOT!<borat>

SV rider's Credo: it's slow/girly/too-quiet/beginner's bike, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not, up, down, all-around, we have ADD.
:hello2::thumbsup:

#42 ·
Fake vs. real...I love how you guys say that fake is totally idiotic but real is the best thing in the world. lol. you guys kill me.

Anyways, I have the suzuki FAKE CF parts to cover my gas cap and my triples, and I have blue bar ends with FAKE cf going around them, and I think the gas cap and triples look much better covered up (the top of my triples was getting eaten up by key's anyways, oops) and my bar ends look way better than the stock bar ends. All IMO of course...but then again I'm going for a dark theme and want to cover up everything silver that I can.

And chrome has a place on nice cruisers, but definitely NOT sporty bikes.

#46 ·
I think the gas cap and triples look much better covered up (the top of my triples was getting eaten up by key's anyways, oops)
What the hell is up with this?! I don't have a bunch of knick-knacks on my keychain, just my key and a soft-metal carabiner... yet the area around my ignition looks like I must have cerebral palsy and my key is a 30 pound sword.

As reliable and beatable as the SV is, you think they would've made the triple out of something tougher than play-doh.

#52 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.