Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Digasi's Ride Around Henry Hagg Lake Oregon

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Yellow Fever 
#1 ·
September 5th 2016 was Labor day. After a few days of Pacific Northwest Summer (Rain), we were graced with a sunny day. With school season starting I took the opportunity to go on a day ride to a local lake called Henry Hagg Lake.

The route I took was through Scholls and Gaston. Mostly back roads, little traffic and lots of curves. The straight line is mostly all up/down hill, about a 900ft elevation change in 3 miles.

My route:

Hagg lake is a popular spot for boating, fishing, hiking, cycling and such. There is a road that spans around it. I decided to ride around it since I haven't don't that yet.

The southern end is the damn. Basic earth damn.

There are several parks or recreation areas and two boat docs. One on the east end and one on the west end. So needless to say there were a lot of people out there that day. Even so, I felt like I had the place to my self.

The ride around the lake is fun, lots of curves to take :naughty:. The west end roads are in disrepair with lots of slides going on creating dips and even limiting the road to one lane in one section. With others using it and speeds being slow you can't go crazy on this road, but still loads of fun just cruising around. So I created a film of the road.

For the most part, just fun laid back riding. The only real thing was some dude trying to go the wrong way at min 5:30 in the video.

After completing a few laps around I headed home. Nothing much on this trip, just a simple fun little outing before fall. :eek:ccasion14:

Forgot, on the way I found an old wooden bridge. I just had to stop and take a pic.

See less See more
1 5
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.