Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Nelson Riggs vs. first Gear saddle bags.

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Coop 
#1 ·
Nelson Riggs vs. first Gear saddle bags.

Which would you choose. I have an opportunity to pick up either of these for cheap, the other is going up on ebay. Wich would you choose?

I am waiting on what exact models they are but I was told they are about the same size. ;D

#3 ·
I've only used Nelson-Riggs' bags (tank, tail, and saddlebags). I'm EXTREMELY pleased. Not only with the bags, but with the customer service.

I broke one of the tank bag's connectors. Completely my fault. Called them and asked how to buy a new set. They asked for my bag's model number and sent me TWO sets of connectors, no charge.

They will continue to get my business.

Here are mine and J-Dog's bike, both wearing N-R bags, loaded for bear, on the way to the Rally. As far as I know, he's completely pleased with his, too.

#7 ·
Like already mentioned, I have NR saddle bags and like them a lot. Plenty of room, stable on the bike, good quality. I got mine last year for $20 on closeout at Denniskirk :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.