Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Turtle wax on your helmet and visor?

23K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  J-Dog 
G
#1 ·
Ever wax your hemlet & visor? Every once in a while I apply car wax to my helmet and the visor. With a nice coat of wax, it's less likely to get all scratched up, and it's a whole lot easier to clean the bugs and grime off.

G
#11 ·
I've thought about Rain-X but have been hesitant to use it on my visor. I've used it for several years on my car windshield. Maybe it's time I give it a try on the visor. I know that Rain-X also makes an anti-fog product for the inside of your car's windshield. Maybe it would work on the inside of a helmet visor?

#12 ·
I've done the Rain-X on the visor thing. It does work, and didn't turn the visor yellow, or worse. I don't ride in the rain much, but when God turns on the sprinklers suddenly, the visor stays pretty clear. Bug poo clean off easier too!

#13 ·
I used the rain-x on my scorpion but I don't know, it was about the same effect on my car, it's gone in a couple days. Also I think it ruined the anti-fog on the inside because mine fogs really easy. actually now that I think about it, I'm due for a new shield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.