Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best oil to use????

93K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  intel_killer 
#1 ·
nearing time for an oil change on my bike. Undecided on which oil to use. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use? I'm leaning towards full synthetic castrol.....any other suggestions?

#5 ·
MMMMM, a tread about oil for the SV. Has this EVER been discussed here before?
LOL

Rotella is the sh*t according to some. Apparently it does everything including increase libido, increases a full cup size for the ladies, prevents acne, cures rabies, grows back limbs, removes warts and makes a great contraceptive to name but a few uses. Oh and you can put it in your SV if you so desire.

This elixir truly is the wonder of modern man ... and yes, I do use Rotella. Why? Its oil and it's as cheap as anything else and sells at Wally's :)

#9 ·
Rotella t synthetic is readily available, relatively cheap, and great for wet clutch motorcycles like the sv. About $20 for a gallon jug....yes a gallon jug it is made for diesel trucks that take a lot of oil and for some reason it's sold in quart or gallon jugs and every else is quart or 5 quart. Blue jug, can't miss it and I get it a wal-mart. I use the oem Suzuki filter cause they are always in stock. I will probably get k&n next time, they aren't much more.

#10 ·
You can go to your local napa and get a power sport filter they have done great for me been using them for about 15,000 miles and at about 8 or 9 bucks pretty good on price and let me state this again...

A...M...S...O...I...L

#14 ·
You know if you go onto sv-portal there is a sticky on this topic you will get more suggestions then you will ever need... I just went with amsoil because seems to be they should know what they are doing and are designed for motorcycles.

#24 ·
#34 ·
Pretty much anything without friction modifiers will work. Oil is oil.

I've used a ton of different brands/etc (mainly in cars), and they're all basically the same thing, as long as you're not using the generic pepboys stuff. For the bike, I've stuck to Rotella Syn, just because of the price and quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.