Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Got out for a little ride yesterday...

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  svscott 
#1 ·
My brother and I got out for some trail riding yesterday. I thought the SV would be a pig compared to my old Vstrom but it handled this stuff like a champ! I'm half inclined to pick up a second set of loaded rims and some Pirelli MT-60-R tires and swap this bike in dual sport mode for more offroad fun!

All the pics are of my brothers bike... mine is nearly an identical bike, but its the copper color.

See less See more
#13 ·
Been a while since I originally posted this thread but I figured I'd post here again rather than start a new thread.

We got out for another ride this weekend. I'm really itchin for some dual sport tires! These SV's handle gravel incredibly well. We put on easily 30km each way on gravel to get to one of these places and I had no issues maintaining 70km/h on my street tires and I still felt quite in control. I have been riding dirtbikes since I was 4 so I am quite comfortable when the going gets squidgy...

I can only imagine what it'd be like with more aggressive rubber though!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.