Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FAQ: Which fork springs should i buy?

12K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  dan46n2 
#1 ·
i have noticed that the majority of people have bought either racetech, sonic, or traxxion springs. after doing some research i noticed that the traxxion and racetech springs are very close in price and the sonic's are less then both. besides price what do you guys out there have to say (good or bad) about any of these springs? also i weigh about 185 with gear and i think that a spring rate of .80kg/mm is about right. is this correct??

#3 ·
Re: which fork springs should i buy!!???

You would be better off with 0.85s, the 0.80s are a little light for you.
There's no quality difference between the 3, they're all made out of the same alloy and use the same manufacturing process. Ohlins and Eibach are also good. Buy from whichever vendor you feel will give you the best combination of service, support and price. 'Tho I must admit I'm a little partial to Sonic Springs. ;D

#4 ·

I was in the same predicament two days ago when I was shopping for my springs. Customer service is something I really care a lot about and I heard nothing but praises for Sonic. So, I decided to go with them and I received the awesome customer service from Rich that everybody was talking about. He answered all my emails promptly and suggested a set-up for my bike. I get my springs on Wednesday!

#5 ·

I'll give a big thumbs up to Rich @ Sonic. I ordered some springs for my ST1100. Rich emails that they are out of stock. I can wait or they have the next lighter in stock. He asks some questions about me and my riding stlye. Recommendation is to go with the lighter ones and they are on my doorstep in 3 days. Great customer service. He has a good reputation here and on ST-Owners .com

#9 ·

sonic springs are great!!!

rich is great, the serivce is great and the product is great!

and you would be suporting this website...

#10 ·

I put in a set of Sonics and 20 wt oil a few weeks ago. They changed the character of the bike. No more wallowing in corners and less fierce nose-diving when breaking. A big improvement. I weigh 170 with gear.

#11 ·

Rich - on your website, what weight would I put for a naked '03 SV650 ? I haven't found figures for the wet weight. Also, is there a general guide as to matching the fork oil weight to the spring stiffness?

#13 ·

I'd go with Sonic because Rich is involved here. My question is, I have been seeing Hyperpro being used more and more on the Wera boards. I know they are progressive but how does that work out with emulators and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.