Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Fuel Filter

11K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  hobdog 
#1 ·
I can't seem to locate it in the microfiche. Anyone? Part numbers welcome.

#5 ·
I am pretty sure it is part of the fuel pump on second gens.

Edit: See 1K_wayne's post, lol.

#10 ·
You don't remove it, it is part of the pump assembly. It is also just a screen really. If you added one, say external, you would have to make sure that it can handle the pressure of the fuel system and have a very low differential since the pumps are that strong.
Lastly, you have to remove the tank and flip it upside down. There are five bolts that hold it in the from the bottom. Here are a couple of points of interest should you try this:
1. Becare with the fuel line as the gasket is in the hose and the ring on the line ouf of the tank goes in the middle of the grey plastic clip.
2. The pump will come out of the hole in the bottom, you just have to turn it to the left or right until it comes out.
3. Replace the O-ring seal from the pump assembly. You don't want to install it to find out that it leaks. Test it first and then pour the gas back out before you mount it.

Good luck with it!

#12 ·
Hmmm... sounds like a PITA.

Thing is, after leaving extensive's house last night, I'm cruising down 264, just before the interchange... 6K, steady throttle... bike hiccups... like it's running out of gas. Just 1 or 2 misfires... that's it.

It did it again, before the tunnel.

Again after.

Once more on Magruder.

I was low on gas, but not enought to trip the light. That was when I was having problems before, as well. Almost like there's something in the tank that disolves when there's a full tank, but is more concentrated when it's low. :dontknow: Does this sound feasable at all? Or am I just an idiot? :dontknow:

My baby is worrying me. :confused1:

#16 ·
The what? :dontknow:

ha... I'm funny.

Seriously, about a month ago. The old ones weren't fouled, charred, dirty, burnt, covered in poo, or even human urine. But they had about 10K on them or so... probably... and the bike was mis-firing alot... so I changed them. Problem solved... until now. :(

#20 ·
Hi there,
I have a quick question about the in-line fuel filter for my 2002 SV 650. I want to install in on the larger hose coming from the fuel takn right? There are two hose coming from the fuelcock and I want to make sure before I start cutting hoses.
Thanks for you help.
hobdog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.