Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Wheel bearing replace

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sv1000s03 
#1 ·
Well just got wheels back from powdercoat and i need to install new fr and r bearings and seals... anyone rec a brand other than suzuki that they have some 1st hand exp with.. if i dont have to spend 200+ for stock bearings thatd be great

#5 ·
+1 to that. I use them in my street and dirt bikes now.

This post is for all the people that will search for info on this and not know about this small detail. This only concerns those few select people that have SV650's with the GSXR rear wheel. Do not use all balls bearings if you powder coat the GSXR rim. I had fitting issues concerning the width of the rim. The all balls bearing must be wider because the rim width was not even close. I eventually had to take out one of the dust seals to give a few more mm so that the rim would slide in place. I took the one out behind the sprocket carrier since it would see less dust being inside the carrier itself. If I ever change colors then I will buy OEM. Anyone else have similar results?
Sounds like either the wrong bearing was ordered or powder coat got where it should not have. Was the bearing that was taken out measured against the new bearing being put in?? Also, there are three bearings that go in the rear wheel, two on the drive side and one on the brake rotor side....typically. The widths vary. If you are sure you seated the bearing all the way, perhaps the wrong side bearing was used. Allballs bearings are equal to, or better, than stock wheel bearings.

#4 ·
This post is for all the people that will search for info on this and not know about this small detail. This only concerns those few select people that have SV650's with the GSXR rear wheel. Do not use all balls bearings if you powder coat the GSXR rim. I had fitting issues concerning the width of the rim. The all balls bearing must be wider because the rim width was not even close. I eventually had to take out one of the dust seals to give a few more mm so that the rim would slide in place. I took the one out behind the sprocket carrier since it would see less dust being inside the carrier itself. If I ever change colors then I will buy OEM. Anyone else have similar results?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.