New Continental ContiMotion tire - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Main Category > SVRider Motorcycling Forum
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums Garage FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

SVRider Motorcycling Forum Our main message forum catering to the Suzuki SV and general motorcycle chatter.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
ZOG

Bikes: 04 Nekid Yeller
Send a message via MSN to ZOG
New Continental ContiMotion tire

The new ContiMotion, a further category is added to the radial motorcycle tyre segment.

Fresh out of the mold, the ContiMotion presents a new product for the low-end range. Unlike other tire manufacturers, who offer older models as budget low-end products, Continental has developed the ContiMotion, an innovative technology based on a whole new concept, to serve the needs of this sector.

High priority was attached, in particular, to good handling, with ample feedback and a correspondingly strong feeling of safety, on dry as well as wet roads. A newly formulated rubber compound with modified polymer chains exerts an especially favorable influence on the price-performance ratio. Despite price-conscious costing, the very latest design methods were employed. The O-degree steel belt, for example, ensures the immense stability for which Continental motorcycle tires are famous.
The newly designed, force-direction-oriented tread pattern combines good mileage performance with excellent water drainage. Continental is thus surging to the fore with a truly contemporary, high-quality radial tire for budget-minded customers. It is head and shoulders above what the competition has to offer in this sector namely the Bridgestone BT 020, Dunlop D 207, Metzeler ME-Z 4, Michelin Pilot Macadam 100/Road and Pirelli GTS.

The ContiMotion will be available in the following dimensions as of April/May 2008:

front
120/60 ZR17 (55W)
120/70 ZR17 (58W)

rear
160/60 ZR17 (69W)
180/55 ZR17 (73W)
190/50 ZR17 (73W)
ZOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
NiceGuysFinishLast

Bikes: '03 SV650S Copper, '02GS500 (For Sale!)
Miles Kms: 8900
Send a message via AIM to NiceGuysFinishLast Send a message via MSN to NiceGuysFinishLast Send a message via Yahoo to NiceGuysFinishLast
Re: New Continental ContiMotion tire

huh... can't wait to see real rider reviews... and prices.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Nexus242
Supporting Member

Bikes: sv650
Miles Kms: ODO 97922

Metzeler doesn't make the Z4 any more and Dunlop doesn't make the D 207 either?? WTF are they trying to say about these tires?? And unless they are under $100 front and rear, who would buy them over the Road Attacks?? Or the Z6/Strada or Road Smarts??

I don't get it.
Nexus242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
NextSV

Bikes: 2006 Triumph Speed Triple!!

I love my road attacks...and they were purdy cheap. unless these are well under $200 for the set it would just not be worth it. They would have to be in the same price point as Shinkos....
Advertisement