Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Fork Swap - Steering Stop - Gauge Mount

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  misko 
#1 ·
I've ordered the front end components for a GSXR 04-05 600/750 swap. I've combed through tons of threads, but I haven't seen any solutions for the following (if I missed them, I'll look harder next time).

1. I understand that the GSXR 04-05 600/750 front end won't work with the 1st Gen in terms of steering lock and steering stops. Has anyone resolved this issue using said triple? I'm willing to put it on and deal with stops later, but any advice is appreciated.

2. I really like the original gauges and would want to remount them. Does anyone have gauge mounting techniques with GSXR triples?

Matt

#2 ·
1) You can fab stops using some socket head cap screws through the lower triple, or if you have Aztec8 headlight brackets then you can use those (thats what I do)

2) You should easily be able to get some steel or aluminum strapping from the hardware store and cut/drill it to work as a very simple, cheap, yet effective solution. If you have access to a waterjet then I'd say you could use that to cut out a bracket to work, but if not, see the previous suggestion ;)

#3 ·
1) You can fab stops using some socket head cap screws through the lower triple, or if you have Aztec8 headlight brackets then you can use those (thats what I do)
I'd love to see some pics of the Aztec8 brackets working as steering stops with the GSXR 04-05 600/750 triple. Could I trouble you to post a few? It still doesn't address the steering lock issue right?

2) You should easily be able to get some steel or aluminum strapping from the hardware store and cut/drill it to work as a very simple, cheap, yet effective solution. If you have access to a waterjet then I'd say you could use that to cut out a bracket to work, but if not, see the previous suggestion ;)
Ha. Well, it's been a good year with the bonuses. Maybe I'll have something machined for me. If not, aluminum it will be.

Thanks for the tips.

Matt

#4 ·
I actually have the 00-03 750 forks, but the concept is still the same.
I just have my fork brackets placed so that when the bars are turned all the way, the brackets contact the frame before the fork legs do.
This is the only pic I have of them right now and the camera is out of town with my g/f.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.