Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Carb fuel hose size

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ephesmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Before I go running around town looking for this part, can someone tell me if I'm reading these specs right?

Diagram:
http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/schematics/Suzuki/SU0271_014.gif

Part #4 in the diagram is listed as:
4 13684-19F20 HOSE, 5.3X10.5(

Is that ID 5.3mm x Wall thickness 10.5 or IDxOD? I can't pull the hose and bring it to a shop for matching because I need the bike to get around, so I'd like to get the specs sorted before I make some phone calls.

Also are there any standard (non-metric) sizes I can substitute, preferably a little smaller so it doesn't leak? 1/4" seems to big and 1/8" way too small for 5.3mm ID.

#3 ·
If you're replacing the short 90 degree hoses that supply fuel to the carbs I think you're going to want to go with the pre-formed hoses from Suzuki. A piece of universal fuel line from the local auto parts store is going to kink if you bend it that tight and starve that carb for fuel. Not to mention the challenge of finding the right ID to prevent leaks while still making installation possible.

You are not going to want a smaller ID than stock. I really struggled to get those off my 99 last month. Those hoses are thick and they are a tight fit. After the fight I had with them the clamps seem redundant.

As a side note, I tried to buy some replacement vacuum line at the local motorcycle shop and found that the ID I needed fell in between the standard sizes (motion pro brand I believe) they had on hand.

#6 ·
Doh! I was afraid I'd have to go OEM. Thanks for saving me the pain of finding out about kinking the hard way.

The prices I've seen for metric fuel hose is outrageous, like $5-10 per foot, which is why I don't really want to buy a bunch of different sizes (I'm blowing this month's bike budget on tires).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.