Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Popular SV650s mods

74K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  jelyk 
#1 ·
I hope this topic hasn't been discussed to no end before, I did a quick search and didn't any specifics. I just purchased an '06 SV650s and want to immediately start modding it. I'm looking for slightly more performance and much better handling. One member already suggested frame sliders, which I already purchased. What should be next?

#5 ·
To be more polite I believe he means the rear shock is not very good, many owners replace with either an aftermaket shock or a better shock from a totally different brand bike that has similar fitment dimensions and a reworking of the front fork internals or more drastically, a full swap from a suitable GSXR. There are many threads for your 2nd gen SV for you to read on this forum. Check out the appropriate forums and use the search site to peruse the threads. Lots to read.

#7 ·
well the cheaper way would be to put different oil (not sure on specifics) and springs.

the medium way is to do a GSXR fork swap, and a ZX-10 rear shock swap.

the expensive way is to get full suspension from ohlins or penske or some other aftermarket company.

EDIT: also, get a slip-on exhaust, theyre usually somewhat cheap but sound 1000000000 times better and usually look better too. plus theyre really easy to install.

#14 ·
The TRE I've been most impressed with. Makes low rpm parking lot maneuvers so much easier. Best 25 dollars I've ever spent not in a strip club.

#16 ·
Already have the website for that bookmarked sir. :D

Also have a zx10r shock too though that's giving me the stink eye sitting in my room. He wants some attention too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.