Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Where do I find my paint code?

36K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  r0ckrat 
#1 ·
Please help :) I have a 2005 sv650s, and I need to repaint the front fairing. Thing is, I feel really stupid not being able to find the paint code on my motorcycle, because I work in a paint shop! I looked up suzuki motorcycle paint codes on the computer at work, and there are quite a few blues (mine is blue). I've mixed up a few of the colors, but alas, none have been right. I can't keep wasting the paint materials at work ($$$). Can someone please help me and tell me where on my bike I can find this elusive color code? Thank you so much!

#6 ·
I know you already found your code, I'm posting this for the sake of those who find this post while searching.
Y7H SV1000 '04 Blue
YC2 SV1000 '03 / SV650 '05 Blue
YD8 SV650/1000 '03-'04 Silver
YU9 SV650/650S '04 Yellow
YAV SV1000/650 '03 Copper
YAY SV1000S '05 Black
YU7 SV1000S '05 Red
YEC SV650/650S '05 Yellow

#7 ·
Wow, dats some expensive stuff (color-rite). How much paint would I need to paint a belly pan? I have no idea how much paint I would need. It's not a chin spoiler, it's a full belly pan. It's almost exactly like the one nudist had on his white bike. I'd also like to have a little left over for touch up work.

Also, would it not just be cheaper, or close to the same price, to take it to a shop. I can't imagine one belly pan would be that much to paint. I could then just buy a touch up jar or something.

Thanks. :)

#11 ·
So some idiot ( :rolleyes:) cause my newly acquired -08 SV 650 S to fall over in the garage, which netted me a bump in the tank (fortunately quite small) and some scratched paint.

I found a site called pens and pixels which tell me the paint is YKZ Candy Indy Blue (ColorRite 4994), but the headline on the page says it's for Suzuki US models. Do the global models have different paint codes, or is it likely the same globally? I'm in Europe, if that matters.

#12 ·
Not sure but I think the Euro models used the same colors. Maybe by other names, but the same colors.

How did you find my color page, by the way? Just google for SV paint color?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.